Las Colinas' Name the Robot Contest Winner
April 03, 2012
Congratulations to Madeline Kennedy, winner of the Las Colinas Medical Center’s Name the Robot Contest! The winning name was BodyBot! Madeline attends Las Colinas Elementary School. The Kennedy family will receive a family membership to the Dallas Museum of Nature & Science.
Las Colinas Medical Center received entries from children throughout the Las Colinas and Irving area. The daVinci robot even traveled to Irving Bible Church where members of the community were educated on the new robotic technology Las Colinas Medical Center has to offer.
“We had a lot of fun collecting and reviewing entries from local children. We appreciate our community’s support and creativity for this contest.” said Daniela Decell, CEO, Las Colinas Medical Center.
About Las Colinas Medical Center’s da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System
The da Vinci® Si™ has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room, many of which translate to patient benefits. Here are a few features of the da Vinci® Si™:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
Together, these technological advancements provide our surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures, furthermore offering patients a faster recovery, less blood loss and less pain after surgery.
For more information about the daVinci Si, please visit www.iwantroboticsurgery.com.