The Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic at Las Colinas Medical Center is a spacious clinic located on the first floor off the lobby of the hospital. The clinic offers services in Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. The Rehabilitation team is a dedicated group of professionals who work closely with patient and family members to establish individualized care plans to address the patient needs. Our ultimate goal is to improve patients’ quality of life by helping them achieve personal independence.
PHYSICAL THERAPY (P) 972-969-2140 (F) 972-969-2519
The Physical Therapy Team specializes in a wide variety of injuries and conditions for patients ranging in age from birth to the elderly. The Physical Therapists treat movement dysfunctions through the use of therapeutic exercises, functional activities, manual therapy, and modalities, among other things. After completion of the initial evaluation, the Physical Therapist will create a care plan to address pain, range of motion, strength, muscle tone, balance, gait, and equipment needs as applicable. Outpatient Physical Therapy specializes in the following services although this list is not all-inclusive. If you have a question about whether we treat your condition/injury please call us.
- Lymphedema Management for Upper and Lower Extremity and Head and Neck
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Acute and chronic orthopedic injuries/conditions
- Spine care – cervical, thoracic, and lumbar
- Pre/post surgical interventions
- Sports-related injuries
- Back pain/dysfunction related to pregnancy
- Balance/coordination deficits
- Upper extremity splint fabrication
- Neurological Impairment/Neuromuscular Re-education
SPEECH THERAPY (P) 972-969-2140 (F) 972-969-2519
The Speech Therapy Team specializes in treating speech, language, dysphagia (swallowing), voice, and cognitive disorders in patients ranging in age from birth to the elderly. Speech-Language Pathologists will create an individualized care plan that may include education, strategies, and exercises to address deficits. Outpatient Speech Therapy specializes in the following services although this list is not all-inclusive. If you have a question about whether we treat your condition/injury please call us.
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies followed by diet modification and swallowing strategies as indicated
- Swallowing and Feeding Therapy
- Expressive and Receptive Language Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy for memory and communication deficits
- Speech Therapy for articulation and oral motor deficits
- Voice Therapy
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY (P) 972-969-2140 (F) 972-969-2519
The occupational therapy team works in collaboration with patients and their families to develop individualized plans that improve function and enable participation in activities of daily living such as; dressing, bathing and showering, eating, and grooming. The occupational therapist will perform skilled assessments of muscle strength, range of motion, sensation, and coordination of extremities prior to implementation of each treatment plan. Outpatient occupational therapy specializes in the following services although this list is not all-inclusive. If you have any questions about whether we treat your condition/injury, please call us.
- Improving function with activities of daily living (ADL)
- Safety education/modification for home and work activities
- Neuromuscular re-education to facilitate movement to upper extremities following stroke or other neurological disorders such as; Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Guillian Barre and many others
- Post operative treatment of most upper extremity injuries
- Custom splinting and positioning
- Strengthening exercises (including education of home exercise plans)
- Visual skills retraining
- Patient and family education
Referrals for additional services
PULMONARY REHAB (P) 972-969-2182 (F) 972-969-2519
Pulmonary rehabilitation is an outpatient program available at Las Colinas Medical Center that combines exercise training, education sessions, and behavioral programs designed to help patients with COPD control symptoms and improve day-to-day activities.
The main goals of pulmonary rehabilitation are to help patients improve their day-to-day lives and restore their ability to function independently. Pulmonary rehabilitation can help patients:
- Reduce and control breathing difficulties and other symptoms.
- Learn more about their disease, treatment options, and coping strategies.
- Learn to manage their disease and reduce their dependence on health professionals and costly medical resources.
- Maintain healthy behaviors such as smoking cessation, good nutrition, and exercise.
In addition, pulmonary rehabilitation can help reduce the number and length of hospital stays and increase their chances of living longer.
Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy*, Cardiac Rehab, and Pulmonary Rehab can be scheduled in a variety of ways:
- Physician can fax referrals to the clinic at 972-969-2519. Patient will be contacted as indicated.
- Physician can call to schedule patient and fax referral or send referral with patient.
- Patients can call or come by the clinic to schedule if they have the referral in hand or physician has faxed referral (Physical and Speech Therapy: 972-969-2140, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab: 972-969-2182)
- Questions can be directed to each individual department.
- Referral forms can be found at Additional Forms
*Scheduling for Modified Barium Swallow Studies is through the hospital Central Scheduling:
- Physician can fax referral to Central Scheduling at 469-484-1311. Patient will be called as indicated.
- Physician can call Central Scheduling at 972-969-2105 to schedule patient and fax referral.
- Patient can call Central Scheduling at 972-969-2105 to schedule if they have physician referral in hand or physician has faxed referral
- Questions can be directed to Central Scheduling.